Saturday, September 13, 2014

PRODUCT REVIEW: Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Rinse Out Conditioner


Description via Sheamoisture.com:
"Active straightening ingredients help smooth rough, uneven textures and control frizz.This rinse-out conditioner instantly hydrates and detangles, while fortifying and protecting hair. Certified organic Shea Butter, revitalizing Tahitian Noni and Monoi Oil, blended with Keratin, Peptides and Botanical Extracts hydrate and strengthen hair while nourishing the scalp to help support healthy hair renewal. "

Ingredients:


Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Inulin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot), Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract
Consistency: Lotion like with little slip 

Directions from the site

"Apply to clean, wet hair. Work through hair from roots to ends. Massage into scalp. Gently comb through hair, then rinse. Style as desired. For lasting frizz-free results, cleanse with SMOOTH & REPAIR CONDITIONING SHAMPOO first."

How I used it: 

I used this a lot towards the end of the summer when my hair was very weak from not doing protein treatments. I chose this one over the masque because I saw keratin higher on the list. I usually leave this on for an hour or to because that seems to have the best results on my hair. I also used this to detangle. I have not used it for heat styling yet but I will update when I do.

Thoughts: 

I love this conditioner it leaves my hair soft, strong, and very defined. My curls were popping all over the place and parts that were usually frizzy formed a curl. I don't like this conditioner as just a rinse out because then it doesn't do anything for me. This will definitely be a staple for me though. 


Price: $9.99

No comments:

Post a Comment