Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Product Review: Hairveda Almond Glaze

I feel like I haven't done a review in ages! But here we go...

Description: "Soften & add shine! Almond Glaze contains no petrolatum or mineral oil. Our special blend gives you a super soft twist out and braid out! It delivers moisture and pomade qualities all at once! It's also safe to use on the scalp" via HairVeda
The site also claims that it is like traditional grease and that you can use it for:

  • As a sealant after moisturizing
  • Braiding or twisting
  • Shine
Ingredients: Sweet Almond Butter, Sweet Almond oil, Ricinus communis Seed oil, Beeswax, L. Laurate, Copernica Cerifera Wax, Fragrance

Smell:
 Smells kind of floral like, your hair will definitely smell like the product for a while. It is kinda strong but it smells good.


Consistency: The glaze reminds me of coconut oil in the way that it is solid but will melt in your hands. It is very smooth like grease but not very thick. I like it. The site says it is like traditional grease. 


How to use: I used it many times. The first was to braid my hair, my braid out was quite shiny and smooth. Also, I did not need to use a whole lot. The second time I used it in my twist out. The third time I used it for sealing. I sealed a little over a quarter of my hair (back left) with almond glaze, another with castor oil (back right), and the last two with, my usual grapeseed oil (top sections).


Thoughts: I really liked my twist and braid outs but they did not last very long. That is not a problem because the product does not claim it has any holding properties. My hair looked shiny and felt soft. My twists were also very smooth. As for sealing, I did not like it better than my grapeseed oil but the section had a nice sheen and was still pretty soft. Overall I will be using this product to twist and braid my hair because it yields nice out styles and also my twists/braids look very neat with the glaze. 

Price: £6.95 via Curly Emporium

No comments:

Post a Comment