Here are some tips on avoiding heat damage -
- Use a protein treatment to fortify the strains
- Follow up with a deep conditioner in order to make sure hair is well moisturized. Well moisturized hair will straighten better
- Make sure you use a heat protectant all over!!
- Do not flat iron wet hair!
- If you blow dry your hair use heat protectant, if you plan on using a flat iron or another heat tool...use some more lol
- Do not blow dry soaking wet hair, dry your hair off with a t shirt or towel so that it is just damp. This will decrease drying time which lowers the time you need to blow dry
- Do not use the highest setting on your flat iron, hair burns at 450F. Try to stay in the 300 range...
- Do not do a whole bunch of passes on one section. 1 or 2. Maybe even 3.
- See if you can dry your hair without heat, see this post.
- Try not to flat iron dirty hair
- Try rollersetting
Hope these tips help someone !
Next up will be how to avoid a bad salon experience :)
Labels: heat damage, Tips