In the previous post about our Gym Challenge I mentioned that we would be making some vows in order to recommit ourselves to the gym! I want to make sure we all have a clear understanding of what the vows are and what they entail.
So let's go through each one:
- Praying for discipline: I believe that when you put God first in everything then it will be successful. Without discipline you cannot succeed in staying committed to this lifestyle so I think we should ask God for help.
- Loving my body at every stage: We might want to look a certain way, wear a certain size, or outfit but one thing we cannot forget is to love our bodies/selves no matter what size we are.
- Not to eat emotionally: Emotional eating is a very hard habit to break. When you're having a bad day all you want is some comfort food and usually that food is packed with nothing nutritious. When you're craving junk, grab some fruit, drink water or head out for a run instead.
- Not to eat heavy foods after 9: Check out this article for more on that - http://www.livestrong.com/article/437254-eating-large-meals-before-bed/ and this one too - http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-tips/late-night-eating-foods-avoid-eating-bedtime DO NOT SKIP YOUR POST WORKOUT MEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Not to compare myself to others: We all start at different places, don't base your beginning on someone else's middle! Embrace who you are and just focus on being a better version of you not someone else.
- Drink enough water everyday: Water is amazing for the body. Check out this article about the importance of water - http://greatist.com/health/health-benefits-water
- Plan meals for the week every Sunday: This will prevent you from running out to eat junk food in the middle of the week!
- Eat smart: Eat according to your goals! This website is super useful in determining how much you need to eat to gain muscle or lose weight. Use your judgement to make any adjustments! MyFitnessPal helps you to achieve your diet goals as well, you can change your Macros to fit the ones that ACalorieCounter recommends,
- Some form of exercise everyday: Consistency is key, even if you're not hitting the gym you can do some workouts at home. This could be as simple as taking the stairs rather than the lift.
- Make the gym a happy place: Leave the drama at home or use it as fuel for your workout! Don't let stress impede your goals!
I'm so excited for the challenge to begin! Check out the Gym Vow challenge
Labels: fitness, gym vows, july gym challenge