Thursday, June 18, 2015

Cherish Bohemian Braid Crochet Braids Review

Hello Hello My Crochet Braid Loving Curlies,

This is my third set of crochet braids, I'm so in love with the ease of this style! This hair is my most natural looking set however it hasn't been a complete walk in the park dealing with it. This is going to be a review of the UK brand Cherish Bohemian Braid hair.
They stopped selling Freetress Bohemian Braid on Paks so I decided to try a new brand. This hair is the same price as Freetress hair, it costs me about £3.99 per pack from the Paks Cosmetics. However, this hair is also discontinued! I have no idea why these companies are discontinuing Bohemian Braid when it is clearly a favorite amongst naturals

I used about 5 packs of hair in this install and I used color 1B/30. I still have some hair leftover to fill in any gaps in my hair. It took me about 4 - 5 hours to do this style including braiding. I used TastePink's braiding pattern from this video but not the method that she used. 

Prepping my hair:
  • I did a protein treatment and I used a deep conditioner by Cantu 
  • I blew out my hair and cornrowed it using my shea butter mix

During the Installation Process:
  • This hair tangles in installation, separating the pieces just created frizz...Freetress Deep Twist didn't tangle when I installed it
  • I was nervous about the 1b/30 combination but the pack is primarily 1B with bits of 30. I really like the color combination 

After the Installation: 
  • So this is my most natural looking install yet. Everyone keeps asking if this is my hair or complimenting me. I love the STYLE but the hair tangles so much!
  • The hair seems to stick to itself and when you try to detangle it, some of the pieces go straight rather than curly.
  • I really like the way the curls fall it's just the fact that I can't detangle the hair without ruining some of the curls
  • So far I've had this hair for 3 weeks and it's still looking all pretty. I would definitely buy Bohemian Braid again but not this brand because 1) it tangles like cray cray and 2) it's discontinued haha! I heard Water Wave is similar so I will probably check that out next!


No comments:

Post a Comment