Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Kynx Haircare Line Product Review

Let me start by saying I love this line! So I am really excited to be doing this product review. All of these products were purchased by me via curlyemporium.co.uk for only a £1 each! They were having a sale but I would definitely pay full price for these products! Keep reading for more details after the jump.


Description via kynxhaircare.com: "Natural hair, natural ingredients, just as nature intended. Leaves your scalp moisturized, your roots nourished and your ends silky smooth."

Ingredients  via kynxhaircare.com: Water, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Mineral Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Obrignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Tocopherol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid


Thoughts: I was a bit unsure about this cleanser at first but after using it for a couple washes, I like it. While applying it, my hair feels feels like it will be dry but after rinsing out the product my curls are a lot softer. My curls are also very defined and springy which I love. I used this and followed up with my Big Hair deep treatment and my curls were banging. I couldn't blow dry that day, I just let my hair do what it do for a while haha.




Price:  $10.99 for 8 oz

Description  via kynxhaircare.com:
 
"Formulated with the magical ingredient Monoi de Tahiti, this leave in styling treatment takes your hair from blasé to breathtaking!"

Ingredients  via kynxhaircare.com:

Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Polysorbate 60, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Silk Protein, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Pinus Sylvestris Cone Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Root Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Flower/Leaf Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Panthenol, Methylheptyl Isostearate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Citric Acid.

Consistency: Lotion-y/ Creamy

How I used it: I use it as a leave in conditioner


Thoughts: I loveee this cream! My hair is so soft and moisturized after using it plus the ingredients are amazing! My hair is in love with this cream! I also used it as my leave in before blow drying ( I did use serum and heat protectant) and my hair was so soft even after applying heat. After this runs out I will definitely be purchasing another bottle.




Price: $15.99 for 8 oz

Description via kynxhaircare.com: "Define those kinks and don’t let those strands stray. This styling gel will work wonders when what you need is a little hold to keep your hair behavin’!"


Ingredients  via kynxhaircare.com: Water, VP/VA Copolymer, Glycerin, PEG-8 Dimethicone, PEG-8 Ricinoleate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Pinus Sylvestris Cone Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Root Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Flower/Leaf Extract, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Mineral Oil, PVP, Lactamide MEA, Acetamide MEA, Polyquaternium-11, Carbomer, PPG-5-Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance


How I used it: I used it for a braid out and this super awesome twist out below! I also used it to smooth my hair for my signature 2 braids.


Thoughts: I love this product too lol! My hair was soft, shiny, and super defined! The twists had so much bounce that pulling them and watching them spring back up was entirely too much fun. Also, this gel leaves no flakes or residue even if you use what's most likely way too much ahah. My hair did have quite a bit of shrinkage even though it was done on blow dried hair but that could be due to the fact that I applied a lot of gel in some sections which caused the hair to revert. This is a definite repurchase!




Price: $6 for 8 oz





I love all of these products and I'm looking forward to trying more products from this brand!

You can purchase all the products here: http://www.kynxhaircare.com/ (US) - or here: http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/kynx-haircare/ (UK) or maybe here, I have not used this site so I do not know if it is reputable or not: http://www.myhairandbeauty.co.uk/brand/kynx/kynx

No comments:

Post a Comment