Tuesday, August 13, 2013

QUICK PRODUCT REVIEW: Lush Caca Rouge Henna

BEFORE
 A couple weeks ago I attended a natural hair event where I bought some henna and I am just now getting to use it! It was the Lush brand henna and cost me £7.95.
Description via Lush site: "Our Rouge brick is the really red one.
Use this if you are after vibrant red tones. To get maximum red effects from this henna, cover and wrap tightly after application."
Ingredients via Lush site: "Red Henna, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Organic Lemon Juice, Powdered Rosemary, Clove Bud Oil, *Citral,*Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, *Limonene,*Linalool, Perfume"

How I used it: I followed the directions on the package but I did add some lemon juice to my mix. I left it on for about 6 hours. 
Smell: It smelled very earthy, not too bad. It did look kind of nasty though
Consistency: It was in a block, I whipped it to a thick pudding
Effectiveness: My ends are a bit browner and the black part of my hair has a brown tint kind of in the light. The change was not dramatic at all. Nobody else noticed anything different than my usual hair. I tried to take a picture of it but it really didn't capture it. 
Repurchase? No, because I barely had any color change but I had a lot of grit left over in my hair which proved I did something lol. 

UPDATE:  My hair has been really receptive to almost all products I've put on it lately. I'm not sure if it is because of the henna but it definitely wasn't like this before I did it..just saying..

No comments:

Post a Comment