Thursday, August 8, 2013

Product Review: Herbal Essences Bee Strong Shampoo Review

Hey, curlies! My mother went and bought the Herbal Essences Bee Strong Shampoo and Conditioner so I decided to try them out! Check out my product review for the shampoo after the jump!

Bee Strong Shampoo

Description via herbal essences website: "Lay down damage with the Bee Strong nourishing shampoo. This formula works to repair the protective outer layer of each strand of hair to leave it strong against combing damage. You know the drill: Lift it, squeeze it, work it in. Do one more rep. Girl, you are looking strong!"

IngredientsAqua,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate ,Sodium Laureth Sulfate ,Cocamidopropyl Betaine ,Glycol Distearate ,Dimethicone ,Sodium Citrate ,Cocamide MEA ,Sodium Xylenesulfonate ,Parfum ,Citric Acid ,Sodium Benzoate ,Sodium Chloride ,Glycerin ,Tetrasodium EDTA ,Polyquaternium-6 ,Sodium Oxide ,Limonene ,Hexyl Cinnamal ,Linalool ,Benzyl Salicylate ,Hydrochloric Acid ,Propylene Glycol ,Magnesium Nitrate ,Mel ,Prunus Armeniaca Fruit Extract ,CI 19140 ,Methylchlorisothiazolinone ,CI 17200 ,Magnesium Chloride ,Phenoxyethanol ,Methylisothiazolinone ,CI 42090 ,Methylparaben ,Butylparaben ,Ethylparaben ,Propylparaben

NOTE: THIS SHAMPOO DOES CONTAIN SULFATES AND PARABENS

How I used it: I wet my hair then applied the shampoo in sections, focusing on my scalp


Effectiveness:  Upon rinsing my hair felt clean but it was not stripped it all, it felt like if I just followed up with a leave-in then I would be fine.  I used this prior to a henna treatment so I didn't follow up with the conditioner yet. The shampoo does lather which I love


Smell: It's not anything to write home about. Smells like typical shampoo


Repurchase:  Yes and no, I would because it did not strip my hair, it is inexpensive and easy to get, if I have to wash my hair in a rush I would feel confident not following up with conditioner and just applying a nice moisturizer. I would not recommend this product for those avoiding sulfates and parabens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment