Wednesday, March 13, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW: HairVeda Acai Berry Phyto Conditioner

hairveda acai berry phyto conditioner review

Description (via Hairveda website): “Acai Berry Phyto is packed with vegetal phyto keratins that help restore the hairs strength and volume. Acai Berry Phyto is light and perfect for your summer tresses. We've added Omega Fatty Acids and Antioxidants for added benefit to your scalp. Acai Berry Phyto is made for hair that needs a daily lightweight, glycerin free option. It helps control the frizzies while keeping your hair moist and supple.

Acai Berry Phyto can also be used as a leave in conditioner.” 
Ingredients:  Aqua (water), Glycine Soja Oil, Phyto Keratin (Vegetable) Protein, Acai Berry Extract, Avocado oil, Olive Oil, Cetry Alcohol, Steryl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Dimethyl Stearamine, Lactic Acid, Germall, Fragrance
Notes: Shelf Life: 6-9 months Applications: 10 uses.

Smell: Kind of floral but I’m not really a fan of the smell...

Consistency: 
Lotion like

How I used it: 
After I pre shampoo’d and washed my hair, I applied the conditioner all throughout my hair and plopped my plastic cap on for like an hour or so. After rinsing I deep conditioned.

ThoughtsMy hair felt strong, but not soft. Because technically this is a protein conditioner I was not expecting my hair to be soft. The breakage I was experiencing definitely decreased after usage. This treatment was much needed. I haven’t used it as a leave-in yet but when I do I will most likely layer it under a moisturizing one so I can have a protein-moisture balance. I’ll update when I try this. Even though I don’t like the smell, it doesn’t linger very long after rinsing.

Would I Repurchase?   Yes, it left my hair strong and the price is so good. I also like that it can be used as a leave in so I won’t have to buy a separate protein leave in conditioner. 



No comments:

Post a Comment