Monday, October 15, 2012

Product Review: Nothing But Cleansing Conditioner Co-Wash

nothing but cleansing conditioner co wash review


So I took my twists down maybe last week and it was pretty successful. I retained growth and reached CBL at the nape, I am a happy bunny. Lol. Anyway this morning I finally tried the Nothing But Co-cleanser and I have to say that it was awesome.  I've never really cowashed so I was a bit apprehensive but it went well.

The product promised that it:
    • Cleans without suds
    • Won’t strip hair
    • Gentle enough to use every day
Ingredients for my label junkies: 

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Fragrance (Parfum), Acetamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Sodium Cocoyl Collagen Amino Acid, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Wheat Germ Acid, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Sulfur, Polysorbate 80, Oleth-10, Simmondsia Chinensis, (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycansance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, d-Limonene, Linalool

Peep the label, there's no:
Petroleum, mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, colorants, or phtalates 

What did I do?

First: I pre-pood with olive oil

Second: Rinsed with warm water

Third: I applied the co cleanser in 4 sections. It threw me off because it didn't lather but the jar does say that. So that was my bad.

Fourth: After rinsing, my hair really felt soft, I feel like I could have skipped my DC but I didn't just for the sake of routine. My scalp felt clean and it didn't itch my scalp like my usual shampoo did.


The consistency of the cleanser is like a light cream,  kind of like whip cream. I didn't notice a smell so it's definitely not overwhelming. There is a lot in the jar and it was under 10 bucks ($8.99). I got it at Sallys.

I'm really happy with it even though it's my first use! I will probably buy it again especially since it was cheaper and felt better than my Shea Moisture.

Next, I'll try their DC when I finish my ORS and Silk Elements.



No comments:

Post a Comment