Friday, September 13, 2013

Product Review- Cantu Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream

Description: "Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream is an intensive deep penetrating leave in cream conditioning treatment that is made with pure shea butter and other natural oils to stop and mend breakage, repair split ends, and add manageability and shine with every application." 


The jar also claims that it helps...
  • "stop and mend hair breakage"
  • "repair split ends and reduce frizz"
  • "protect hair from heat damage" 
  • "hydrate and moisturise with Shea Butter and natural oils

Ingredients: Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol, PPG 1-PPG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays Oil (Corn), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

Smell: It smells kind of sweet and like a light hair grease. Not bad


Consistency: Creamy, kind of reminds me of yogurt


How to use: There are 3 ways to use this product. For daily styling, you apply the product on towel dried hair. For a treatment, you still use it on towel dried hair and cover with a plastic cap overnight. You do not rinse. If you are trying to get rid of frizz then apply it daily and comb it through. 


Thoughts: For daily styling, I am not sure this is the product for me. It did not really do anything for my hair. I had to add another leave in on top so my hair would not be so dry. It did not moisturise my hair. My mother, however, said it made her and my youngest brother's hair soft. 
I have yet to try it the other way but I will update when I do.

*UPDATE: It works better as a styling product on my dry hair so maybe try it that way, still not very moisturizing so a leave-in needs to go under it.*


Price: £5.49 and I got it from that Pauls Hair World in Manchester Arndale. You get A LOT of product for this price. 


I'm going to keep playing with it and see if I can make it work for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment